Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
A Church of Joy!
Making Christ Known"
Holy Thursday…………………………..March 29th
Good Friday…………………………….March 30th
Easter Sunday………………………..April 1st
QUESTIONS TO PONDER FOR LENT
When you think of spring, you probably think of the re-awakening of flowers and trees, new beginnings, April showers, spring break, spring cleaning and Easter. But Lent is also a very important part of springtime.
For Christians, Lent is sort of a spring cleaning for the soul. It’s a season when God wants us to examine ourselves and meditate on Him, His word and His plan for our lives.
So, I challenge you to take time during these weeks leading up to Easter and ponder these 10 questions during your moments with the Master.
1) Am I openly, honestly and enthusiastically sharing the message of Jesus Christ with unsaved family members and those I encounter in everyday life?
2) Do I have a gracious and patient attitude with the people in my life?
3) Do I look for the best in others, or do I have a judgmental attitude?
4) Am I spending enough time studying His Word and praying?
5) Do I have a thankful heart, or am I constantly complaining about situations and people in my life?
6) What are the lurking sin problems that still tempt me?
7) Do I speak up for the less fortunate, or do I remain silent and inactive?
8) Do I stand up for my Christian beliefs, or do I compromise my faith in order to be politically correct?
9) What is God dealing with me about right now–exercising to improve my health? Spending more time studying His Word?
Going back to school to further my education? Answering the call to go to the mission field?
10) When people look at me, do they see a reflection of Jesus?
Father, help me to focus more on You during this season, and help me to hear from You more clearly than ever before. I want more of You in my life, Lord, and less of me. Thank You for loving me and being patient with me as I grow up spiritually. In the Mighty Name of Jesus, Amen